Use of the website
This Website is available to all users (hereinafter referred to as "User" or "You") in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "Terms").
This website is owned and operated by Golden Routes Travel International Ltd, a Private limited company with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales, Company Number 14525275, telephone number (+44) 7537 144603 (hereinafter referred to as "goldenroutes.uk").
Before using our website, please carefully read the following terms and conditions sections. By using or accessing any page or part of our website, you agree to comply with and be governed by all of these terms and conditions. You won't be able to access or use our website if you don't agree to the terms and conditions.
The User declares that he is of legal age and has the legal capacity required to comply with this Agreement and to use the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, which are fully understood and accepted. The user is responsible for the protection of all passwords provided by goldenroutes.uk for access to the website and ensures that unauthorized third parties do not have access to the passwords. The user is liable for any financial consequences resulting from the unauthorized use of the website by unauthorized third parties who use said passwords. The user declares that all information provided by him for accessing the website, as well as the information provided before and during use, is true, complete, and correct and warrants that he will update this information on an ongoing basis.
This website is intended for personal use only by the user. The modification, reproduction, duplication, copying, distribution, sale, resale, or any manner of use of the website for commercial or similar purposes is prohibited. The user agrees not to use the website for illegal or inappropriate purposes. In particular, the user accepts that the products or services purchased on this website are intended solely for their own use and for their own purposes or for the purposes and the personal use of persons on whose behalf they act as legal representatives. The user is not allowed to resell the products or services purchased on this website to third parties. Goldenroutes.uk reserves the right to deny access to this website at any time without prior notice.
Operations of Website
Normally, goldenroutes.uk is the party with whom you enter into an agreement when you purchase our packages or any services and make travel arrangements through this website. If this is not the case, we will make it apparent to you that goldenroutes.uk is serving as an agent for another travel provider.
Additionally, these Website Terms and Conditions and any additional terms that may be imposed by the hotel or cruise ship where you will be staying will apply when you make any purchases from us (together, the "Conditions of Contract"). Between you and goldenroutes.uk, these Conditions of Contract represent the whole agreement and understanding with respect to their subject. You accept that you have read and comprehended the Conditions of the Contract and that you agree to be bound by them by moving forward with a booking. However, you must stop using our website right once if you do not or are unable to fully accept our Conditions of Contract. These terms of the agreement could change at any time. By using this website to explore or make a reservation, you agree to be bound by the terms of the contract in effect at that time.
Please be aware that goldenroutes.uk may provide lodging and transportation from a variety of third-party lodging providers and carriers, such as Cruise, and railways. As part of your Conditions of Contract with us, the provision of these arrangements will be subject to the terms and conditions of each supplier or carrier. Other holiday and travel-related services, including travel insurance, foreign exchange, and travel money cards, are provided by our chosen service providers and are offered to you for purchase through us or directly through the supplier's website. The provision of these goods and services to you shall be governed by the terms and conditions of each service provider, and not us.
The term "tour operator" includes, where appropriate, airlines, tour operators, package tour operators, hotels, hotel chains and hotel aggregators, insurance providers, vehicle suppliers and cruise lines.
The final total price of the selected package or services must be confirmed once the search, comparison and selection are complete and the price is available with a cost breakdown before clicking on "AGREE & BUY". Prices are displayed according to daily calculated exchange rates and may change daily depending on these exchange rates. Likewise, the taxes incurred may fluctuate depending on the exchange rates. When you begin a purchase, the exchange rate will be determined at that moment and will apply to any changes or cancellations to the products or services included in your purchase. Exchange rates are set by Goldenroutes.uk.
Upon completion of the purchase, you will receive a confirmation e-mail, which serves as a contract document. The first confirmation email must contain all information about the requested products or services. We then confirm that your booking has been properly recorded in your travel provider's system and payment can be properly processed. We are only then obliged to process your booking when the payment has been received in full. If all information is correct, you will receive approximately one (1) day after receiving the first email, a second email confirming that your booking has been processed. If, due to any circumstances outside the control of Goldenroutes.uk, some of the orders that are part of your booking cannot be processed, we will promptly notify you and assist you in the process
We reserve the right to cancel your purchase if we have reasonable grounds to believe that this is a fraudulent act. In such case, we will try to contact you at the email address provided during the search, comparison, and selection process, or to contact your financial institution. If we cannot contact you or your bank, your booking will be automatically cancelled.
Pursuant to Article 2(a) of the eCommerce Directive, Information Society Services (“ISS”) defined by Article (1)(1)(b) of Directive 2015/1535, please note that the contract for confirmatory emails is formally concluded. Not only will this information be sent to you via e-mail, it will also be stored in Goldenroutes.uk customer files and will be available to you on request at any time.
With regard to optional customer requests or special requests for products (eg meals, facilities for disabled persons, child seats, etc.), Goldenroutes.uk reminds you that the fulfilment of such requests cannot be guaranteed, as Goldenroutes.uk merely requests these the appropriate travel provider forwards. You must therefore have the tour operator, or the hotel confirm whether any special requests can be fulfilled or realized.
1. Cancellations and changes: The ability to modify a travel product, packages or services booked on this site and the way such changes are made will depend on our terms and conditions and the travel provider as well as the chosen tariff. Therefore, the requested products or services may not be cancelled or changed, or possibly only in compliance with certain requirements. If you make any changes (cancellation and/or modification) to your booking at Goldenroutes.uk, a management fee of 50 £ will be charged per person per trip that has been cancelled and/or modified. The administrative fees incurred in the event of cancellation and/or change do not include any taxes levied directly by travel provider (s). If you make a change to your booking, please note that the current price is unrelated to the change cost.
2. For hotel bookings: hotels' specific terms and conditions for cancellations and changes during the booking process are available for viewing on our website or they will be made available to our Customer Service Center upon prior request. They will also be explained in your confirmation e-mail. If you change a booking, it is your responsibility to ensure that it does not conflict with any other products or services that you have purchased.
3. For car rental companies: the car rental company's specific terms and conditions for cancellations and changes during the booking process are available for viewing via a link on our website or may be made available to our Customer Care Center upon prior request. If you do not cancel your booking prior to the pick-up time and pick up the vehicle on the pick-up date or if you fail to meet the conditions for picking up the car (see car rental company's terms and conditions), please note that most car rental companies reserve the right to charge a fee for non-appearance, which may be up to 100% of the total cost of the rented car.
4. When purchasing cruise tickets: the cruise operator's specific terms and conditions are available for cancellations and changes in the information material provided directly by the travel provider and/or on its website. You cannot make bookings for the purchase of cruise tickets directly on the Goldenroutes.uk website, as Goldenroutes.uk only provides the advertising space for such products and/or services on its website. If you do not cancel your reservation before the agreed time of departure and do not appear on the cruise ship on the day of departure or if you do not meet the conditions of travel (see Terms and Conditions of the Cruise Company), please note that the cruise company reserves the right to charge a fee for the cruise No-show, which may be up to 100% of the total cost of the ticket.
5. Prices and terms of payment: The total price of your booking, along with the cost breakdown and processing fee of Goldenroutes.uk, will be displayed to you as soon as you have selected each product or service you wish to purchase and before the actual purchase begins. Said price includes the price of all selected products or services as well as the processing fees of Goldenroutes.uk. Please note that the fees charged by Goldenroutes.uk are independent of the cost of the selected products and/or services and are non-refundable as they are collected by Goldenroutes.uk for the services provided during the booking process.
The processing fee of Goldenroutes.uk varies depending on the products or services and packages selected. There are additional charges when making your booking by phone or requesting changes/refunds. In the event that you use an unsecured credit card or credit card rejected by the credit institution for any reason, Goldenroutes.uk will charge a processing fee of up to 20 £ and instructions on how to proceed to effect payment for your purchase, after full payment has been received, the estimated processing fee will be refunded by subtracting from the final price of your purchase. You do not have the right to receive the requested products or services until they have been fully paid. Regarding the use of unsecured credit cards or credit cards that are denied by the credit institution for any reason, we would like to point out that travel products may be subject to price changes.
You can pay using any of the common credit or debit cards listed on the website. Only the payment methods listed on the website will be accepted.
For greater security, you will be prompted to enter your credit / debit card information whenever you make a purchase on Goldenroutes.uk. This information will not be stored on our systems after payment processing for your purchase. This also applies to the processing of refund claims for non-refunded fees, as described in point. Please note that Goldenroutes.uk must provide your credit/debit card information to the travel provider (s) for the final processing of your booking (s). All information is transmitted in encrypted form via a secure server. You authorize Goldenroutes.uk to use your credit / debit card information to (i) purchase and process the requested products or services, (ii) to pay for the insurance premium and tourist assistance, if required (iv) for the reimbursement of related costs (a) if certain credit or debit cards are used, (b) in the event of change requests to the original booking or (c) for reimbursement not remitted Fees as described.
In addition to our general and additional fees, Goldenroutes.uk also charges for any additional payment costs incurred when using certain payment methods. Please note that this is an automated process whereby charges are calculated and collected according to the payment methods actually used, regardless of whether you indicate that you are using a different payment method. In any case, you will receive all the information about the final prices that are properly listed before the purchase begins. Goldenroutes.uk reserves the right to demand reimbursement of any costs incurred as a result of denied payments or chargebacks by your bank or credit or debit card company. If you pay for your purchase using a third-party bank card, it may be necessary to obtain written approval from the cardholder. Goldenroutes.uk reserves the right to send to the billing address of your bank card or e-mail address, both for yourself and for the travel provider (s), e-tickets, confirmations, e-vouchers and other travel documents. which is required by the credit card company for use. It is required that all e-mail addresses used to be confirmed at the time of booking.
Goldenroutes.uk always strives to reduce or minimize the impact of fraudulent credit card transactions. We reserve the right to conduct random checks, including verification of the electoral roll, and the ability to request proof of domicile by fax or post together with a copy of your credit or debit card and a recent credit card statement before issuing your booking. This occurs when our system determines that your transaction may be a fraudulent act. Please note that these checks are only done during our regular office hours. As a result, all bookings made outside our office hours cannot be processed until the following business day. Please note that the processing of your booking will be interrupted by these reviews. Goldenroutes.uk cannot guarantee the availability of the products or services you have found and/or their associated price until such time as the purchase is properly completed. Please also note that you will be responsible for the costs and expenses incurred by sending the proof of residence by fax or mail, arranging a bank transfer and/or any action required to secure your purchase with greater warranty Security.
In some cases, by prior arrangement with the Goldenroutes.uk Customer Service Center, you may pay by bank transfer as long as it is made by the holder of a bank account in the country where the booking is made. In these cases, there must be at least six (6) working days between the purchase and the departure date of the ticket. If you select a bank transfer as a payment method, Goldenroutes.uk will charge the total amount of your purchase as a one-time payment. You have to make sure that you have sufficient funds to pay for it. In the event of a chargeback due to an uncovered account or for any other cause attributable to you, Goldenroutes.uk will charge you a processing fee of 20 £ and promptly give you instructions on how to make your payment effective. This processing fee is due to bank charges and other related costs incurred by Goldenroutes.uk. If you choose bank transfer as the preferred method of payment, Goldenroutes.uk reserves the right to withhold any refunds until the payment is received in full and irrevocably.
6.Refunds: Any refunds must be made considering the payment method chosen at the time of purchase and on behalf of the person who made the original payment. Any refund will be made, although the booking has been made at Goldenroutes.uk, considering the refund policy of the relevant travel provider (s).
(a) The applicable processing fee of Goldenroutes.uk for processing the refunds is 55 £ per person. You are giving Goldenroutes.uk permission to deduct these costs from the applicable refund amount.
(b) If you apply for this type of refund, you authorize Goldenroutes.uk to debit the bank used for the transaction-related purchase that is the subject of your application.
7.Passport, visa and health requirements: You should inform yourself in good time before your trip to the relevant embassy about passport and visa requirements. It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and, if necessary, a visa. Goldenroutes.uk is under no circumstances liable in the event that you do not carry the right travel documents with you.
Each destination has its own requirements regarding entry formalities, vaccinations etc. These may in turn vary according to the nationality of the travelers. We recommend that you obtain this information before planning your trip. Goldenroutes.uk can under no circumstances be held liable for incidents caused by customers failing to comply with official requirements.
8. Travel insurance: Goldenroutes.uk recommends that you take out travel insurance for each trip, especially for circumstances in which the tour operator (s) are not responsible. If you decide to buy travel insurance on the website Goldenroutes.uk, your insurance contract will be created directly between you and the insurance company in accordance with the terms of the insurance policy. This is available for you before the start of the booking process.
Special terms and conditions for the purchased products or services.
For cruises, the terms and conditions set out in this document apply unless otherwise specified in the travel agent's terms and conditions.
2. Car Rental
For car rental companies, the terms and conditions in this document apply unless otherwise specified in the travel agent's terms and conditions.
3. Hotels and other accommodations
For hotels and other accommodations, the terms and conditions set forth in this document apply unless otherwise stated in the travel agent's terms and conditions.
Liability of Links
Unless you have our written consent, you may only link to our homepage if you want to add a link to our website. This website includes links to other websites, which may be run by brands or companies that are part of the Golden Routes Groups of companies, by external websites run by our chosen suppliers or partners, or by websites run by other third parties. We may on occasion offer you links or connect you to websites that may be our branded or third-party branded sites as you explore, make travel plans, or use the functionality on our website. These connections or links are provided so you can quickly and easily find out more information about our services and your individual travel plans, as well as learn about the goods and services of our other group companies and brands. Please be aware that the terms and conditions of those websites will govern your access to and use of those websites, and we are not liable for or endorse the content of those websites. References and links to third-party websites are outside our area of responsibility. Any responsibility for such websites is rejected. The access and use of such websites are at the user's own risk.
Right to intellectual and industrial property
1. All content on this site (including but not limited to trademarks, textual content, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio files and software) is owned by Goldenroutes.com or the content provider and is protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property laws Property protected. The compilation (i.e., collation, disposition, and assembly) of all content of the Goldenroutes.uk website is the sole property of Golden Routes Travel International Ltd. and is protected by national and international laws protecting intellectual and industrial property. All software used on or owned by goldenroutes.uk is protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property laws.
2. Any other use of the content of this website is strictly prohibited. This includes the complete or partial reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, subsequent publication, display and/or presentation. Any use of images contained on this site outside of this site is strictly prohibited without the express permission of Goldenroutes.uk and/or its suppliers.
3. Goldenroutes.uk and other names of Goldenroutes.uk products, services, graphics and logos are registered trademarks. The names of other products, services and companies mentioned in this document may be the registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Limitation of Liability
1. Goldenroutes.uk makes this website "as is" available and makes reasonable efforts to update, maintain and operate the website. However, Goldenroutes.uk makes no warranty as to technical defects, faultless service or the uninterrupted functioning of the system or portal.
2. Goldenroutes.com publishes on its website information about the various products and services offered by third parties. Goldenroutes.com makes no representation as to the truth, accuracy, completeness and updating of the data contained in such offers. Some of the information is cached from time to time and only matched with real-time information when the booking is confirmed.
3. Goldenroutes.uk 's liability restriction complies with applicable law.
4. In the event of force majeure (including, but not limited to, political, economic or otherwise unstable circumstances affecting security), there are deficiencies in reservations and confirmations and/or problems in the performance of any booking or service provided through Goldenroutes.uk, and this is due to unexpected circumstances for which Goldenroutes.uk cannot provide a solution, Goldenroutes.uk and/or the companies of the Golden Routes Group are exempted from any legal responsibility derived therefrom Defects or non-compliance with regulations. The same applies if it should even be impossible to comply with any of the agreed terms.
Other Applicable Terms and Conditions
1. Questions and complaints regarding your purchase: If you have any questions or complaints regarding your booking, please contact our customer service before your departure. If you have complaints about a travel provider, please make sure that you initiate the official complaints procedure before you return.
2. Changes to the Terms and Conditions: Goldenroutes.uk may change or update these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. The current version of these terms and conditions will be displayed on the website when the said changes come into force. Please read the current terms and conditions each time you make a booking on this website
We will use and keep all information that you give us or that we learn about you from your use of this website in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Our Cookies Notice contains details on cookies and how we use them on this website.
Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.
Updates and Changes
Without incurring any liability and without providing you with prior notice, we reserve the right to delete or update any items, information, content, materials, tools, or features on this website at any time. If we believe you have violated any of our Terms and Conditions, we retain the right to immediately cancel or suspend your use of or access to this Website at any time and without prior notice. Our Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any moment, and any changes or revisions will take effect as soon as they are published. In order to make sure you are familiar with the most recent version, you should review these frequently. You have accepted the amended terms and conditions by browsing our website and by continuing to access or use it. You agree to be bound by the updated terms and conditions.
To the fullest extent allowed by law, we renounce all representations and warranties, whether expressed or implied by statute, custom, or usage, with regard to the information on this website. We also agree not to be held responsible for any losses or damages of any kind, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, resulting from the use of this website or from any interruption or delay in accessing it.
This website has been created specifically for usage in the UK. The terms and conditions as well as any contractual relationship between Goldenroutes.uk and the user are subject to England and Wales law. By using this website, you consent to any disagreements between us and you being resolved by the English courts and to the application of English law to such issues.
Groups: The Terms & conditions or email Bookings and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by England and Wales law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of London, England.
Golden Routes Travel International Ltd.
124 City Road
London EC1V 2NX
Founder & CEO
Registered company name: Golden Routes Travel International Ltd
Company Number 14525275
Commercial Registry Office: London
For our clients all over the world, we at goldenroute.uk create exceptional moments and fulfil their ambitions. An essential component of this is protecting the personal information you share with us. Your data is safe and secure with us, and we want you to know how we use it to give you a better, more interesting, and more motivating experience. More details about us can be found on the goldenroute.uk website.
Based on the Data Protection Act 2018 of the England Federal Constitution and the data protection regulations of the Federal Government (Data Protection Act, DSG), every person is entitled to the protection of their privacy and to protection against misuse of their personal data. We comply with these terms. Personal data will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold or passed on to third parties.
In close cooperation with our hosting providers, we endeavors to protect the databases as far as possible against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or counterfeiting.
When accessing our website, the following data is stored in log files: IP address, date, time, browser request and general information transmitted to the operating system resp. Browser. These usage data form the basis for statistical, anonymous evaluations, so that trends can be identified that will allow us to improve our offers accordingly
Use of Personal Data Collected
We use your personal data to fulfil your requests for goods and services. We must handle your personal data in order to administer your account or booking, offer you the goods and services you require, assist you with orders and refund requests, and manage your account and booking.
We utilize personal data to administer and enhance our services, websites, mobile applications, customer loyalty programs, and other offerings. To safeguard your personal information, identify and stop fraud, other crimes, and service abuse, we keep an eye on how our services are used. This aids us in ensuring that you may use our services without risk. To respond to and handle security operations, accidents or other similar situations, including for medical and insurance purposes, we may use personal data.
We utilize personal data to conduct market research, carry out internal R&D, and develop and improve our product line, services, retail locations, IT infrastructure, security, expertise, and methods of communication with you. We use CCTV footage for the prevention, detection, and prosecution of criminal offences as well as to assist protect the safety of everyone working in or visiting our stores, offices, and other buildings. In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, we may also depend on the pictures.
We aim to make sure that marketing messages about our goods and services, as well as those of our suppliers, retail partners, and the goldenroutes.uk, are pertinent to your interests. This includes internet advertising. We may use your personal information to better understand your interests in order to make predictions about the additional goods, services, and information in which you might be most interested. This gives us the ability to customize our communications so that they are more pertinent and engaging for you. We can better understand you as a client and serve you with personalized offers and services by analyzing your browsing and purchasing habits.
In order to provide you with goods and services that better satisfy your needs as a client, we may also track how you react to marketing materials promoting goods and services we provide. You can modify your preference at any time online, over the phone, or in writing (such as an email) to us if you do not wish to get a customized service from us. When we can, we will update our records.
We may use personal data to clarify or assist you if you contact us via phone, email, post, or social media because we want to offer you with superior customer service. To handle any promotions and contests you decide to participate in, including those we run with our suppliers and retail partners, we must process your personal data. We might ask you to participate in consumer surveys, questionnaires, and other market research projects run on our behalf by the goldenroutes.uk and other companies.
We may combine the personal information we gather from in-store purchases with personal information from our websites, mobile apps, and other sources in order to better understand you as a customer and to be able to offer you services and marketing communications (including online advertising relevant to your interests). Your personal information is not sold to third parties by us.
We may occasionally contact you via email with pertinent offers and information about our goods and services. Additionally, if we think you might be interested, we might send you details on goods and services offered by other businesses. Only if you already consented to receive these marketing emails will we do this.
We'd want to hear your feedback on how we might improve our goods and services, therefore we could get in touch with you for market research. You can decide at any time whether to continue participating in our market research or not.
We may share personal information with suppliers of your travel arrangements, such as airlines, hotels, and transportation firms, in order to provide the goods or services you have requested.
Sharing private information with regulatory bodies. It may be necessary for you to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security, and anti-terrorism purposes to travel (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or arrival).
Sharing personal information with fraud prevention and credit reference organizations. We may give credit reference and fraud prevention companies access to your personal information when you order or purchase goods or services from us. This entails investigating any information we have on you as well as any records you may have with credit references or fraud-prevention organizations (FPAs). A "footprint" is left on your file after they receive a search from us that other organizations may be able to access. We might also carry out checks to verify your identification. This is done to assist safeguard you against fraud and other forms of identity theft, as well as to deter, detect, and prevent crime and money laundering. To keep your information and your account current, we might conduct additional checks with CRAs and FPAs from time to time. Details will be given to FPAs if fraudulent or inaccurate information is provided and is determined to be fraud. Law enforcement organizations may also receive access to this information.
Your personal information will only be kept by us for as long as it is required to fulfill the purposes listed in this privacy notice and/or to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. After that time, we will safely delete your personal information. We shall take the necessary steps to anonymize the data if it becomes necessary for analytical, historical, or other legitimate business purposes after this time.
The copyright and all other rights to content, images, photos or other files on the website belong exclusively to Golden Routes Travel International Ltd or the specifically named rights holders. For the reproduction of any elements, the written consent of the copyright holders must be obtained in advance.
2. A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer by a website when you visit it. The file stores data that is returned to the web page by your browser when you visit it again, or when you go from page to page within that web page. Some cookies are very important to you to get the most out of a website, as they allow you to store information that you have already entered. Other cookies may be used to store your browsing and booking behaviors, to provide analysis of your use of the website, or to show you various products according to your apparent interests.
3. Cookie settings must be adapted to each browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari). There are usually a number of options available to you to manage cookies, including: Allowing cookies completely or not allowing them at all; deleting cookies that have already been stored on the browser; preventing certain websites from storing cookies to your computer or blocking third-party cookies (when you visit a website, cookies from another website may be stored on your computer).
4. Our website uses different types of cookies: - Technical cookies, which are necessary for the operation of this website. Functional cookies are necessary to offer. Analysis cookies, how many users surf the website and can store what content is viewed. This allows us to improve our service to you. Social media cookies are necessary for social networks (Facebook, Google, and Twitter) to control the interaction with social media widgets on the website. Partner cookies, which allow us to record visits from other websites with which we have a corporate agreement. - Behavioral and advertising cookies that collect information about your choices and decisions on the website. They target advertising networks, which use the information to show your ads.
Social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest that have their own privacy policies may be present on our websites or mobile apps. Before providing any personal information, please carefully review their terms and privacy notice, as we do not assume any responsibility or obligation for these features.
Personal data access, updates, and Complaints
Although you should be able to see the personal information related to your account or booking online, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we currently hold about you. You can write to us and request a copy of any further personal information we may have on you. Any information that can assist us to identify and locate your personal data is appreciated. Where we can, we will provide free access to data, with the exception of requests for additional copies, in which case we reserve the right to impose a fair fee based on administrative expenses.
We want to be certain that the personal information we have about you is correct and current. Please let us know if any of the information we have is wrong. Additionally, you have the right to request that your personal data be updated or deleted, that you object to its processing, and, in cases where it is technically possible, that your personal data be transferred to another organization. Unless we are required to maintain information for very important business or legal reasons, we will update or delete your data.
You can get in touch with us if you have a problem with the way we obtain, maintain, or use your personal information. Please be aware that before acting on your request or complaint, we may ask you to prove your identification. When you contact us on behalf of someone else, we might also need extra information from you to assist us to confirm that you have the right to make a request or file a complaint.